BABA is an applet that tries to explains how some basic algorithms of bioinformatics work.
You can download the source code on sourceforge!
The applet covers:
- Basic Dynamic Programming table.
- Needleman & Wunsch algorithm, with score table.
- Smith & Waterman algorithm, with local alignment selection.
- Four Russians algorithm.
- Thanks to the great work of Patrick Dekker now B.A.B.A. includes the Nussinov algorithm! Thanks Patrick!
- May 2010: Fixed a few more dumb indexing bugs on the interface. Thanks to all the kind people that have pointed them out!
To run it you need at least java 1.2.
I wrote a report and a powerpoint presentation for it. Feel free to look at them!
Useful Links (tip to Sameer)
For any question e-mail me at norman.casagrande (at) yahoo (dot) com
- In unix the scolling panel does not behave properly.
- Cut&Paste sometimes doesn't work within the strings set.